Bone Up' On Your Body
Patients present to the clinic with a variety of conditions such as headaches, neck pain, back pain, shoulder, hip or knee pain, muscle strains, ligament sprains, etc. Many of these problems are related at least in part, to your posture, strength and flexibility of your muscles and how your joints move.
It is always good to know your body better. Here is a few fun questions to help you ‘bone up' on your body.
1. How many bones are in the human body?
2. How many bones (vertebrae) are in the spine?
3. How many bones are in each foot?
4. How many bones are in each hand?
5. How many discs are in your spine?
6. Your sternum or breast bone is made up of how many sections?
8. Osteoporosis can cause what type of non-traumatic fracture?
9. How many bones in your wrist?
10 Is it possible to have more than 12 pairs of ribs?
12. How many vertebrae in your lower back?
14 How many joints in your pelvis?
15 How many spinal joints (called facets) are there in your spine from the base of your skull to the top of your pelvis?
.Some of these questions are quite easy but there are a few that will be a bit more difficult to figure out. Hope you had fun with them.
Now that you know more about your body, remember to pay attention to your diet, exercise on a regular basis and get an adequate amount of sleep.
Stay Active! Be Healthy!
* * * * * * *
1. B – 206
2. B – 24 There are seven vertebrae in your neck, 12 in your thoracic spine, and five in your lumbar spine.
3. C – 26.
4. C – 27.
5. B – There are 23 discs in your spine. There is no disc between the first two vertebrae in your neck (C1 and C2).
6. C – 3. The three bones are the manubrium, body of the sternum and xiphoid.
7. B – 12.
8. B – 12. I do get asked this question from time to time.
9. C – 8 (scaphoid, trapezium, trapezoid, lunate, capetite, hamate, pisiform, and triquetral).
10. A. yes. A person can sometimes have what is referred to as a ‘cervical rib' which develops on the lowest vertebrae of the cervical spine (C7). As well, individuals will occasionally develop an extra pair of ribs on the first vertebrae of the lumbar spine (L1).
11. B – 7.
12. B – 5.
13. B – 3. The three bones are the sacrum and two ilium.
14. B – 3. There is the pubic joint (symphysis pubis) and the two sacro-iliac joints.
15. C – 50.
Health Quizzes Articles